One of the things Online Marketing Stuff aims to do is keep you abreast of online campaigns currently in the market place and where relevant make comment on their effectiveness. One of the new campaigns recently launched in Australia is Pizza Huts “Scene It” campaign.
The online campaign is focused around an offer that Pizza Hut currently has – buy 2 large pizzas, garlic bread and a 1.25L drink and get a “Scene It” DVD game pack for free. The campaign website allow users to trial what the DVD game is like and I have to say although I’m not much of a quiz fan, I actually enjoyed the game. The campaign site also has another game on it “Pizza Hut’s very own online movie quiz” which is a fun little visual clue game.
What they do well:
- The promotion is well placed on the Pizza Hut website homepage and easy to navigate to.
- It’s easy to find the campaign in search engines using the phrase “Scene it” or “Seen it”.
- The campaign makes me want to buy the product to receive the offer.
- There is an option for the user to register to receive other future campaigns.
Suggested improvements/ other comments:
- The campaign and the games seem like a perfect opportunity for a viral or refer a friend element to be included (beat your friends score etc), however this isn’t leveraged.
- Could be additional direct calls to action to take up the offer from the landing page – “click here to find your closest participating store” or “check out our menu and order now” etc.